Re: cvs trouble

From: Thomas Nikolajsen <thomas.nikolajsen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 03:36:03 +0200

Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@fs.ei.tum.de> wrote:
> Thomas Nikolajsen wrote:
> > I had some trouble trying to track down when traceroute stopped
> > working: (hasso just commited fix ;-)
> >
> > My plan was to use vkernel to find the date it stopped working:
> > Checking out full sources for given date and building and
> > installing world and VKERNEL.
> >
> > But it failed: using cvs checkout, sources checked out w/
> > -D2008-06-07 fails buildworld.
> > It turns out reason is that checked out
> > src/contrib/libarchive-2/libarchive/archive.h.in is "wrong" version:
> > It is revision 1.2, but newer revision in vendor branch 1.1.1.X
> > exists (the "right" one ;-).
>
> I don't have an archive.h.in, and the archive.h doesn't have a 1.2,
> so I can't really follow the problem.

archive.h.in did exist at June 6th, it was deleted later:
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/cvsweb/src/contrib/libarchive-2/libarchive/Attic/archive.h.in
(http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/commits/2008-06/msg00115.html)

> > Can cvs checkout the "right" file version for given date (same as
> > checkout (without -D) on date)?
>
> CVS should work correctly with -D as well (to some extent)

Yes, I it works as advertised; but I need a slightly other behavior, as described;
do I have to use other / additional flags for checkout?
(another option could be using cvsup, but I do expect cvs to be able to do this)

 -thomas