Re: EHCI working?

To: Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:45:33 +0200

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
Hey,

could it be that EHCI is not working correctly? On my desktop I get irq 3 interrupt livelocks when loading EHCI (actually it is on/off livelocking). On my laptop it seems to load okay, but then transferring data to my new mp3 player is slow, basically around 1MB/sec. In dmesg, cam writes something about "Down reving Protocol Version from 2 to 0?", but I don't know what that means. Does anybody have a working EHCI setup?

Hm, last time I tried, it was pretty slow. Could you try booting with tunable hw.usb.hack_defer_exploration set to 0 (see [1]). Does this make any difference?

Regards,

Michael

[1]:
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/cvsweb/src/sys/bus/usb/usb.c?rev=1.49&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup