Re: Creating lots of files on Hammer

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:50:17 -0700 (PDT)

:Hi,
:
:I wrote a script that generates 1 million files in one directory on the
:hammer filesystem. The first 100k are created very quickly, then it
:starts to get less predictive. It stops completely after creating 836k
:files. I can still ping the machine, but I can't ssh into it any more.
:It's a head-less system so I can tell what is going on exactly.
:
:I'm using the attached C file like this:
:
:   cr 1000000 test
:
:Regards,
:
:   Michael

     Oooh, nice test.  Mine got to 389000 before it deadlocked in
     the buffer cache.

     I'll be able to get this fixed today.  It looks like a simple
     issue.