Re: DragonFly cannot detect existing FreeBSD partitions during install and cannot detect SanDisk USB flash drive during install

From: Stefan Johannesdal <stefan.johannesdal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:35:02 +0200

Archimedes Gaviola wrote:
Hi Matt,

Yes, you are right. After kldload'ing the ehci driver manually, it
automatically detects my SanDisk USB flash drive. I proceeded to
installation and got successful with it. However when booting after
installation, it stops somewhere while mounting the device. Below is
the error encountered.

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/da0s1a
no disk named 'da0s1a'
setrootbyname failed
ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
root mount failed: 6

Manual root filesystem specification:
<fstype>:<device>  Specify root (e.g. ufs:da0s1a)
?                           List valid disk boot devices
panic                     Just panic
abort                      Abort manual input
mountroot>

mountroot> ?
Possibly valid device for 'ufs' root:
"cd" "md" "ad" "acd" "mfs"

Here, I typed "?" where it doesn't show any "da" device

Could it be that you have to load the module at boot from loader.conf?
I know I had to fiddle with this when I set up my system to boot from a vinum mirror volume. Look in /boot/defaults/loader.conf for options and make your own adapted loader.conf in /boot.

--

Mvh - Stefan -