Re: Site layout and design discussion

From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 12:11:55 +0200

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
So, since the release is past:

http://www.shiningsilence.com:81/

(I got this together just before the release, so no 2.0 stuff is on it.)

Questions I have for people:
- How does it look to you?

Very cool design!!!

- The front page looks plain. Who wants to contribute art?

This work so far doesn't take into account how the actual information is
located on the site, so more questions:

- What pages do you find most useful on the DragonFly site?

I like those small short-cut links on the NetBSD homepage:

  * The Guide (okay, *I* don't find that too useful)
  * Manual Pages (not so useful as well IMHO)
  * Mailing lists and Archives (useful)
  * CVS repository (definitively useful)
  * Report or query a bug (yeah, nice)
  * Software packages

So definitively: Mailing Lists and Archives (that could include newsgroups), CVS repo and bug-tracker.

Regards,

Michael