Re: liveDVD

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 12:55:34 -0700 (PDT)

    I got the DVD burned and it booted up just fine with the default UP
    kernel on my test box!  I was able to boot it from my external USB DVD
    drive as well, which is saying something.

    I wasn't able to test the install because I am still testing some
    other stuff on the box in question, so I can't overwrite my HD just
    yet, but it went right into X and the graphical UI.  I was able to
    dhclient-up my network and play around with firefox.

    This is very cool stuff!  I'm wondering how much interest Louisa has
    in continuing to polish it up and add even more packages and UI options,
    some automatic network setup, etc, for our end-of-year 2.2 release!
    It's ok if you don't have time.  If not I'll open it up to all the
    developers once Sascha commits the work.