Re: Installation on Yet Another Netbook

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 22:37:19 -0800 (PST)

:I was thinking of changing boot0 and mbr.
:
:cheers
:  simon

    The physical images... the actual boot0 code, is really a binary image
    which is byte-for-byte compared in a couple of places, minus the options
    field.  I forget exactly where.  I think both fdisk and disklabel
    do checks.  Maybe some other places.

    Don't change the code.  But using boot0cfg is ok.  I haven't looked
    at the boot0 code in a while but if the options are image data then
    those can probably be changed without messing up the compares.

    Having packet mode on by default for the .img file is a good idea.

					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>