Re: hammer: undelete and questions

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 18:40:32 -0800 (PST)

:Hey all,
:Im still trying to figure out how to undelete a file (without going to
:snapshots). Undo complains that file doesnt exist or has been renamed,
:
:1) what else can I do?
:
:2) How do I access transaction history of a file that I deleted?
:
:Thanks,
:PEtr

    Are your running the 2.2 release or the latest development version?

    undo has gone through some changes since the release, though the undo
    shipped with the release should still be able to acess deleted or renamed
    files.  The undo in the latest development branch can iterate all
    versions of the file even if it has gone through several inode changes
    from rm and rename ops.

    --

    What does the 'undo -i <filename>' output tell you?

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>