Quick HAMMER notes

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:03:57 +0200

I have finally my laptop on HAMMER and would like to share some quick
notes. Please forgive me if these topics are already covered in the past,
I've ignored most of HAMMER threads so far ;).

* locate(1) database doesn't ignore hammer snapshots? Can we do something
  about it?

* Finding out how should I really access historical data in filesystem
  isn't easy. It took some time to find out about 'undo -i' and that it's
  the thing I'm looking at all ("Generate a single line ... "?), the point
  of the 'hammer history' is still mystery for me.

* Some unclear things in undo manpage ... It should be mentioned in
  manpage that the current version isn't in the output of the 'undo -i'.
  I remember from somewhere that it's normal that some iterations of the
  file history can give you an empty file, it should be mentioned in BUGS
  section of the undo(1) IMHO.

* Relationship between (no)history and snapshots wasn't clear for me in
  the beginning. Also ... What's the difference between 'nouhistory'
  and 'nohistory'? What all these flags on chflags(1) do at all?

* Who was the guy writing IO scheduler? We really need that, I happened to
  do some work when cleanup was started :(.

--
Hasso Tepper