Ultimate Noob Question

From: imag1nary number <imag1narynumber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 11:07:27 -0400

Greetings,

I'm interested in testing out a couple BSDs and perhaps replacing my Linux distro.  Unfortunately booting the LiveCD has stumped me.  It asks something like where to mount root, then gives the options to panic, abort, and something else.  I've never encountered this on any LiveCD I've run, including Jibbed.  Can someone point me in the right direction so I can start to learn this system?  Thanks much in advance!

~ imag1narynumber

Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.