Re: Installing DragonFly

From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 23:36:49 +0200
Followup-to: dragonfly.users

Colin Adams wrote:

> I was able to install DragonFly on the disk all-right, but  the
> machine still won't boot if the drive is powered-on at boot time.

I remember that I had a similar problem about 2 years ago with my Bullman
laptop.

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2007-02/msg00158.html

If yours is the same problem (can you confirm?) then "fdisk -C" will solve
it. But as the installer does not provide an option to set the "-C" flag,
you'd have to install DragonFly without the installer.

Regards,

  Michael