Re: KQEMU 1.4.0pre1 for QEMU 0.10.1

From: Johannes Hofmann <johannes.hofmann@xxxxxx>
Date: 23 Apr 2009 09:20:59 GMT

Hi,

Naoya Sugioka <naoya.sugioka@gmail.com> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: ISO-8859-1, 61 lines --]
>
> Hi all,
>
> Yes, now I fixed some kemu kernel module codes and which is ready for
> your testing.
> It works fine under current my environmtn (thinkpat t60p) with
> DragonFry 2.3-0-dev host,
> DragonFly 2.2 guest.
>
> The problem causing performance issue was in ioctl call with KQEMU_SET_PHYS_MEM.
>
> Pleaes replace attachment with previous my post and build kqemu.ko by
> using Makefile.dragonfly

Cool! It boots LATEST-Devel.iso now :)

> I'd like to know especially it works with USB devices.
>
> Pleaese let me know if you find someting interesting.

I still think that the wire/unwire call need to be revised. I still get
kqemu: kqemu_unlock_user_page(34930000) failed, ret=4

When unloading kqemu.ko I get:
destroy_dev(): too few references on device! 0xc33746d8
kqemu(minor=00000000) refs=1

A subsequent kldload ./kqemu.ko panics the system with
assertion: sr->refcnt == 0 in sysref_alloc

Thanks for your work!
 Johannes