Re: Fwd: kqemu patch for DragonFly BSD on kqemu1.4.0pre1

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:42:39 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Naoya Sugioka wrote:
:> I've just sent a mail to gnat at netbsd.org to reach pkgsrc community
:> if I can include them to their pkgsrc tree now.
:
:I don't have a good idea how to make a pkgsrc package for kernel module. :Actually I'd prefer it to be imported into base. Yah, I agree. There seem to be some files missing from the
kqemu-dragonfly.patch.tar file you posted. It's making calls
to routines that are not present in files in the tar.

    e.g. kqemu_log(), but no file in the tar contains a function by
    that name.

    It will also require a major security and software review, and also
    needs a master SYSCTL-based enable (default disabled).

Why an enable? Just don't load the module if you don't want it to be used. qemu doesn't load the module itself.

Also, I don't think we should put $random kernel modules into base. Why isn't pkgsrc a good location?

cheers
 simon