Re: DragonFly-2.2.1 installation problem

To: Archimedes Gaviola <archimedes.gaviola@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 09:31:44 +0200

Archimedes Gaviola wrote:
Hi,

I've been booting a CD installer of 2.2.1 RELEASE but encountered a
problem on typing a character with my USB keyboard. At the login
prompt, I can't type any character like 'installer' or 'root' to
proceed the installation process. I'm pretty sure the USB keyboard is
functional. I've tested 'default boot' and 'disabled ACPI' options but
seems no effect. I'm using a 2-way quad-core Intel Xeon IBM x3650.

I think you need to set the following tunable within the bootloader:

hw.usb.hack_defer_exploration=0

http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commit/eabfb7a3e6d72525e3b2e512609c68d7dfbdd030
http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commit/5d0fb0e6a13d29aab69eab8a3726d07f7ec9606b

Regards,