Re: pkg_dry on DragonFlyBSD

From: Antonio Huete Jimenez <ahuete.devel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 16:58:03 +0200

Hi all,

I've updated getpkgdry.sh script so it can handle the last CVS version of pkg_dry. Get it here:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~tuxillo/archive/getpkgdry.sh

You are encouraged to updated to the latest version as there have been many changes, features included, bug fixes and improvements over the previous versions.

You can get more information about pkg_dry usage here: http://imil.net/pkgdry/

Note: Please, delete your old database (rm -f /var/db/pkg_dry/*.db) and file ddb_create.h (rm -fr $HOME/pkg_dry/ddb_create.h) before running the new script, because there have been changes on the DB structure.

Antonio
Hi again,

As recommended by pkg_dry author (iMil), it is better to use CVS code instead the milestone from 04-14 because it include a lot more changes.

For those who are interested on testing, you can grab the attached script and it will:
- Install dependencies
- Checkout source and apply patches
- Compile and install
- Create initial data for pkg_dry

It will need root privileges and a inet connection.

Regards,
Antonio Huete
Hi,

The other day I heard about a new tool for handling pkgsrc binary packages called pkg_dry, so I decided to give it a try.
You can see the original post here: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2009/04/14/msg003070.html

There is a small set of steps to make it work on DFBSD. You will need libfetch (thanks joerg ;) and sqlite3 from pkgsrc.
I've attached a small patch that changes the paths for pkgtools (pkg_add, pkg_delete, pkg_info)

----
fetch http://imil.net/NetBSD/pkg_dry-20090414.tgz
tar xvzf pkg_dry-20090414.tgz
cd pkg_dry
patch -p1 < pkgdry_pkgtools.patch
bmake NOGCCERROR=1

Then you'll need to set PKG_PATH environment variable to one of our binary packages server, for example chlamydia so pkg_dry can grab pkg_summary and the binary packages. You'll also have to create manually the directory where pkg_dry DB and cache is stored.

setenv PKG_PATH http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/pub/DragonFly/packages/DragonFly-2.3.0/All/

mkdir -p /var/db/pkg_dry/cache

Ok, now you can sync the package list from the remote repo.
#./pkg_dry -u

For further information about the usage you can consult the main post of the utility in the URL I pasted above.

I've attached also a sample output with some basic tests I've done.

Regards,
Antonio Huete