Re: Utility 'installer' fails

From: Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez <jlalarcon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 02:11:01 +0200

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 02:34:55PM +0200, Sascha Wildner wrote:
> Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez schrieb:
>> Hi.
>> I am enough new with DragonFlyBSD, but i really like the system. Is very fast.
>> You know that FreeBSD have '/usr/sbin/sysinstall' (formerly
>> '/stand/sysinstall') for tune and configure a running system. I don't know if
>> '/usr/local/bin/installer' can be used in the same way that sysinstall, i
>> guess yes. But, anyway, when i run 'installer' i get this error:
>> # /usr/local/bin/installer
>> Starting installer.  /etc/pfi.conf not found, starting interactive install.
>> Unsupported DFUI transport ''.
>> #
>> What is happening?. Any help, please?.
> Jose,
> making the installer runnable and usable from the installed system is
> one of the things I'm currently working on. It might take a while though
> since time is tight.
> Sascha
> --
> http://yoyodyne.ath.cx

Thanks you very much for your kind answers, Miguel and Sascha.

Not Registered GNU/Hurd User.
Registered BSD User 51101.
Registered Linux User #213309.
Memories..... You are talking about memories.
Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.
Get even more from your private email hosting service. Visit the pages of Zoner Software and download your free copy of the Zoner Photo Studio 11 program today! Learn more - www.zoner.com.