Re: dragonfly- UFS + HAMMER + mirroring setup designed instead of RAID - Is this OK?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:49:51 -0700 (PDT)

:After reading the man page for 'lockf' I did not get how to implement
:it actually. Are '.lockmirror'  and 'do_mirror' scripts? If so Please
:can I get to see them?
:
:thanks
:
:--Siju

    lockf gets an exclusive lock on the specified lock file and runs
    the specified program while holding the lock.  So if you run lockf
    wieth the same lock file 50 times in parallel, the programs you run
    via that lockf are run sequentially, one at a time, and not in parallel.

    I use -k because there's no point deleting the lock file, and I use
    -t 0 to cause lockf to abort (exit) if the lock cannot immediately
    be acquired, to avoid building up lockf commands from cron if something
    takes extra long to run (or in the case of a mirror-stream, that the
    previous mirror-stream is still running).

    .lockmirror is just the lock file created by lockf.  It's empty.  It
    is only used for locking.

    My little do_mirror script does my batch mirroring operation... my
    cpdup/rdist/whatever.  That is the script that my lockf command runs
    while holding the lock on the lock file.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>