Re: mount usb drive

From: Jim Chapman <jim.chapman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:08:38 -0400

Jim Chapman wrote:
I need to mount a usb flash drive. I am using DragonFly 2.2.2 and a GENERIC kernel.

The commands
 mount -t msdos /dev/da1 /mnt
 mount -t msdos /dev/da1s1 /mnt
 mount -t msdos /dev/da1s1a /mnt
all return
 Device not configured

Using the command mount_msdos gives the same result.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem?

Thanks

I was able to borrow a Windows machine and found none of the drives had a FAT32 filesystem on them. When I formatted a drive and returned home I was able to mount it as /dev/da1.

My apologies.