Hitting Inode Limits

From: Siju George <sgeorge.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:08:03 +0530

Hi,

My previous backup server was OpenBSD and I hit an Inode limit ( On a
120GB disk ) while using backuppc to store files. I guess it was
because of the many hard links created by backuppc. Now Since I am
using 500 GB disks and anticipate many more hard links I am concerned
if I will hit an inode limit on my dfly server also. How does hammer
handle inodes?

On OpenBSD it has to be specified using newfs -i

 -i bytes    This specifies the density of inodes in the file system.  The
                 default is to create an inode for each 8192 bytes of data
                 space.  If fewer inodes are desired, a larger number should
                 be used; to create more inodes a smaller number should be
                 given.

Should I have increased the no. of inodes during the hammerfs or pfs creation?
Or does hammer handle inodes differrently that FFS?

thanks

--Siju