Re: Question about FSHammer getting full

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 01:00:08 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:I think it is not as easy, because we want the current state to be the :reference, and have the usage of the snapshots show what would be free'd :when the snapshot was removed. So old, unmodfied data has to be charged :to the current usage and not to the snapshot that first contained it.
:
:cheers
: simon

   That's actually very easy to do, because you extracting the information
   based on the *DELETE* transaction id, not the *CREATE* transaction id.
   If the information is not deleted (delete_tid is 0), then it is current
   information regardless of how long ago it was created.

What about overlapping regions?

        <NEW>

the OLD won't have a delete_tid != 0. Or will hammer split up the extent into smaller pieces when the new one comes in?

cheers
  simon

--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low CHF NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /