September release home stretch!

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 20:54:29 -0700 (PDT)

    We are fast approaching our September release!  Here's a quick summary
    of current goings-ons.

    * All major features have been integrated and developers are now
      doing stabilization passes and dealing with bug reports.

    * The actual release date this month is still a bit uncertain as we
      talk with the pkgsrc meisters on which pkgsrc quarterly to
      synchronize with.  I was hoping for mid-September (2 weeks), but
      it may wind up being more late-september (3.5 weeks).

    * The primary release will still be 32-bit for this release cycle,
      but a 64-bit ISO and (limited) package set will be made available
      for bleeding edge users.

    I personally have one work item left for myself, that being to track
    down a reproducable bug in HAMMER when using the 'nohistory' mount
    option.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>