Re: Editorial guidelines ?

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:36:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, October 20, 2009 9:39 am, Saifi Khan wrote:

> . why does local.css have min-width: 726px; instead of the
>   standard width: 100%; ?

This is min-width, not width, which is why it's not 100%.  It keeps the
layout from being jumbled by a smaller browser window size.

> . why does div #wrap have width: 80% instead of 100% ?

To leave whitespace on the sides of the content; otherwise, the text bumps
up against the margins.

> . is it a good idea to remove from #sidebarlogo ?
>   border-bottom: solid 1px #ddd;

This is an aesthetic question, really - the reason it's there is to
provide a visual cue on the width and shape of the side bar without having
to explicitly outline that area.  It also keeps the logo visually anchored
in that space.

> . the concept of attic in wiki is to move out "no longer
>   relevant content" from the current documentation.
>
>   eg. mercurial is not used at all and the content in an
>   ordinary wiki would have been moved to the attic.
>   http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/developer/Mercurial/
>
>   what is the procedure to be followed for dragonFlyBSD.org ?

Delete it.  It'll still be there in git, if it was needed later.

> . why does wiki.dragonflybsd.org still exist if relevant content
>   has been migrated/is available at dragonflybsd.org  ?

Nobody's turned it off yet?  I don't recall a specific reason.

I'm far more interested in seeing more content added than messing with the
layout at this point - it will benefit all of us to a much greater degree.