SMP users needed to test patch

From: Stathis Kamperis <ekamperi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:30:38 +0200

Hello everyone!

I'd like to mark mq*() syscall as MPSAFE, but before that I need
someone to test them in an SMP capable machine running SMP kernel. I
only have UP machines around.

So, if anyone is able and kind enough, here are some directions on how
to do it. I assume s\he is running HEAD.

cd /usr/src
fetch http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~beket/mq-mpsafe.diff
git apply mq-mpsafe.diff
make buildkernel
make installkernel
reboot
git clone git://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/~beket/pcca-tests.git
cd pcca-tests/mqueue.h
make && make -k run
cd etc
make
sysctl -w kern.mqueue.mq_prio_max=200
. /t_mq_parallel_threads
. /t_mq_parallel_fork

If you encounter problems you can mail me off-list to sort them out. I
know that it's messy, so no hard feelings if no one volunteers :)
Thank you for considering.

Best regards,
Stathis Kamperis