Re: [Fwd: pkgbox64 pkgsrc DragonFly 2.5.1/x86_64 2009-11-24 21:49]

From: justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 00:57:10 -0500

>    It occurs to me that with some minor scripting we could automate the
>    upload to occur in parallel with the build.  Upload as the packages
>    are built and only have to worry about not catching the binary package
>    as it is being created.  Then the uplink bandwidth wouldn't matter so
>    much.

It would work since the build time is already pretty long.  My
things-to-do list around pkgsrc is long enough that I don't think I'll
figure it out soon.  The one gotcha for anyone who may try this (and I'd
sure appreciate it) is that you must not upload any file that is listed as
restricted in its Makefile.  The pbulk system checks for this at time of
upload; that check would need to stay.