Re: replace nvi with traditional vi?

From: justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:57:52 -0500

>     Hmm.  Well.  UTF-8 has appeal.  I'm just worried that changing it
>     will be just as shocky to people as changing the original vi to nvi
>     was (many years ago).

Other than split screens, what's the feature difference?

My assumption, based on nothing concrete, is that people who use vi
lightly won't notice it, and my other assumption is that most people who
want more features have already moved on to vim or other editors.

Are there any benefits beyond the application itself - i.e. will vi
instead of nvi make our UTF support better overall?