Re: Anyone tried an Atom 330 with Dragonfly

From: Michael Neumann <michaelneuma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:24:12 +0100

2010/1/30 Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
       Question is has anyone run DFLY on either of these (or anything
with the same chipsets) or am would I be breaking new ground ?

Hi Steve,

I had this ASUS EEE PC netbook running with DragonFly for a while. It has a single-core Atom processor, but two logical (hyper-threading) processors, so I could run SMP on it.

I was also thinking about buying this ION-based motherboard for my file-server, but then I guess it still consumes about 30W and my existing ~50W Athlon-based motherboard is of course *much* more powerful.

Regards,

  Michael