Re: appropriate location for hammer snapshots

From: Siju George <sgeorge.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:25:34 +0530

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Siju George <sgeorge.ml@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Matthew Dillon
> <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
>>
>>    The snapshots are still there (pruning is governed by
>>    the snapshot list in the meta-data).
>>

> Since the config file is gone how are the snapshots, prune, rebalance,
> reblock, recopy configurations done now?

OK I got it

hammer config fs configfile

Sorry for asking in haste :-(
Also please explain what rebalance, reblock and recopy are actually.
And From my understanding pruning is when you remove meta data about
transactions you are not interested in as configured by the 'prune'
directive?

Also how do we find out the optimum configurations for these
parameters for our specific filesystem?
is there any way to know if these operations are left uncompleted
because of our configuration values?

Thanks

--Siju