Re: /var/db/pkgin/cache

From: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:19:37 -0500

On Saturday 20 February 2010 12:04:39 Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     It's also an issue of HAMMER retaining the cache for 60 days worth of
>     snapshots by default for /var.  I guess you could 'hammer viconfig
> /var' and change the retention to something shorter, like 5 days.
>
>     Do I dare ask how large a HD you are running HAMMER on?  :-)

It's 40 GB, of which 35 or 36 GB is the filesystem and the rest is swap. It's
half full; 2 GB is a DVD image which I'm going to delete once I show it to
the church leaders in a week, and another big hunk of space was the pkgsrc
tree in CVS which I deleted and replaced with the git repo. Btw, what does
HAMMER stand for?

Pierre
--
Jews use a lunisolar calendar; Muslims use a solely lunar calendar.