Re: Source IP

From: Walter <walter@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 17:03:00 -0500

Walter wrote:
So, can anyone tell me how I can make ftpd always give me
the IP rather than, sometimes, the URL?  Alternatively, can
someone point me to C code which will allow me to convert
a URL to an IP?

I got some useful information off the FreeBSD Questions list:

It is claimed that ftpd has no option to NOT convert the IP to
a URL, but lukemfptd does/might.

A command to convert a URL to an IP is "host."

An open source filter program like we're discussing here is
sshguard - http://www.sshguard.net/
http://www.sshguard.net/docs/

FreeBSD has it in the ports, but it doesn't appear to be in DFly.
Could be added?