Re: NFS Client setup on DragonFly

From: Thomas Nikolajsen <thomas.nikolajsen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:50:24 +0200

>I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to set up DragonFlyBSD as a NFS
>Client for being able to access code from a NFS Server (Debian).
>
>I added nfs_client_enable="YES" in the rc.conf. On trying to start
>nfsiod, i get this :
>
>nfsiod:nfssvc: Device not configured
>
>Where am i going wrong ?

Don't use nfsiod(8).

Just mount (as usual: `mount -t nfs ...' or via fstab(5)).

A major NFS reimplemented was made in 2.3 (as I remember);
nfsiod(8) functionality is in kernel now, just better.

Please note: defaults for NFS has also NFS has also changed:
tcp & rdplus, see mount_nfs.8.

rc.d scripts should be used for starting extra services;
these scripts and rc.conf(5) are updated.

 -thomas