Re: trying to update packages, stuck on cyberbit

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 00:30:02 -0400

On Sun, April 18, 2010 12:10 am, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Saturday 17 April 2010 23:39:37 Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
>> If it's not showing on various FTP sites, it may have been pulled due to
>> age or whatever reasons.  You could search for the filename manually and
>> download it, as it's probably still floating around out there...  Or you
>> could just delete it, if you aren't specifically using it.
>
> I removed the package, but kept the file. Can you figure out how to fix
> the package? I wouldn't know the nb6 version from the nb5 version if I
> saw it on an FTP site.

You wouldn't, because there is no difference.  -nbX suffixes on pkgsrc
versions means that the change in the package was pkgsrc-specific, and the
actual software is unchanged; the changes are during the install process.

Looking at the package history, those pkgsrc-specific changes aren't going
to make a difference:

http://pkgsrc.se/fonts/cyberbit-ttf

So, it's the same.  You can ignore it, delete it, or find the distfile
anywhere out there and stick it in /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles, I think, to get
it picked up and used when building in /usr/pkgsrc/fonts/cyberbit-ttf.