Re: Does the Slave pfs take up more space that the Master?

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 18:06:20 +0200

Am 16.04.2010 00:26, schrieb Matthew Dillon:
     Yes, I was trying to think of scenarios and I think you are close,
     that is likely the reason.  The hammer cleanup code is only scanning
     mounted PFSs.  I verified this by umounting my /var/crash (which is
     a PFS) and running hammer cleanup.  It didn't check /var/crash's

     So its not master/slave, it is simply whether the PFS is mounted or
     not that is the problem.

     This is definitely a bug.  hammer cleanup needs to go through all
     the PFSs.  It would be a nice mini-programming-project for someone
     who wants to fix it in the hammer utility.

I'm against hammer cleanup running on unmounted PFSs by default. What else than not mounting it could be a clearer statement like "don't mess with this in any way, please"?

All other file system related things in the system don't mess with unmounted file systems.

I suggest making this a periodic(8) option which the user can turn on if it is wanted.