BSDday Argentina 2010 - http://www.bsdday.org/
Buenos Aires City
* OpenBSDeros - OpenBSD User Group and
* BUG-DC-UBA-AR BSD User Group of Computer Department of the Faculty
of Natural Sciences, University of Buenos Aires,
call to the community of free software, users, system administrators
and developers of BSD systems for participation to BSDday 2010.
The subject of the event is BSD operating systems, BSD-licensed
software, licensing issues, BSD philosophy and related topics.
There is no maximum number of speakers or length of the talks, but you
should indicate those both at the time of the talk submission.
Talks and slides can be in Spanish or English, talks with
practical/lab content besides theoretical content in which attendees
can perform labs practices and exercises are preferred over purely
For lab talks the speaker should indicate the materials assistants
must have (i.e. a laptop with such and such OS).
NOTE: On budget issues, the organizators may pay some of the passages
or hotel, in whole or in part, to the selected authors residing
outside the Buenos Aires City (Argentina).
We appreciate the contribution of everyone in the dissemination of
this call and the event itself, feel free to forward this email to any
individuals/organizations you may think would be interested in it.
====== Where to send? ======
The information of the paper should be sent in plain text and slide
attachments (if you have) to the following address of email: llamcha
====== How to send ======
The sending of the proposed talk should have the following information:
* Title: Title of the paper.
* Author's Name: Brief description of each, place of residence,
association, BUG, agency or enterprise to which he belongs, if
* Type: It can be traditional or workshop.
* Estimated time of duration: The talks are usually 45 'and the
workshops have a length of 1:45. If it is more or less the time
required, please tell us.
* Brief description of the talk: One or two paragraphs to explain
the content of the presentation.
* Level of the attendees: newbie / intermediate / advanced / expert.
* Background information: Specify that knowledge must have assistants.
* Subject: programming, multimedia, communications, workstation,
network services, interoperability, education, kernel, etc.
* Phone of the author: To communicate with you.
* Residence: of the author.
====== Format ======
The shipment of the slides should be one of the following formats:
* Openoffice.org presentation
* HTML standard
====== License ======
Specify a license that allows the event organizers and distribute
material that can be downloaded from the BSDday website.