Re: upgrade from media

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:11:54 +0200

On 7/7/2010 4:32, Roy wrote:
I have a computer running DF-BSD 2.4.1 on a machine that without internet
access. Is it possible to upgrade from media(CD/DVD/etc.)? As it use a plain
install from DF-BSD 2.4.1 CD, I didn't compile any own kernel.

It is certainly possible to upgrade from a LiveCD but we don't provide any automatic way of doing so. I did it a few times in the past by booting the new LiveCD, mounting my filesystem etc. and then just copied stuff over.

Sascha