Re: dma command

From: dark0s Optik <shiftcoder@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:51:57 +0200

I attached dma man page in my ubuntu 10.04 system.
I think that it's the same of dragonflybsd.
When I install dma package in ubuntu, then the system
make /etc/dma folder with the following files:

auth.conf  dma.conf  virtusertable

I have two questions:
1) how can enable dma server?
2) but especially how can write message mail with dma command?

--
only the paranoid will survive
DMA(8)                                                              BSD System Manager's Manual                                                              DMA(8)

NAME
     dma — DragonFly Mail Agent

SYNOPSIS
     dma [-DiOt] [-A mode] [-b mode] [-f sender] [-L tag] [-o option] [-r sender] [-q arg] [recipient ...]

DESCRIPTION
     dma is a small Mail Transport Agent (MTA), designed for home and office use.  It accepts mails from locally installed Mail User Agents (MUA) and delivers the
     mails either locally or to a remote destination.  Remote delivery includes several features like TLS/SSL support and SMTP authentication.

     dma is not intended as a replacement for real, big MTAs like sendmail(8) or postfix(1).  Consequently, dma does not listen on port 25 for incoming connec‐
     tions.

     The options are as follows:

     -A mode
             -Ac acts as a compatibility option for sendmail.

     -b mode
             Specifying -bp will list all mails currently stored in the mail queue.  All other modes are are ignored.

     -D      Don't run in the background.  Useful for debugging.

     -f sender
             Set sender address to sender.

     -i      Ignore dots alone on lines by themselves in incoming messages.  This should be set if you are reading data from a file.

     -L tag  Set the identifier used in syslog messages to the supplied tag.  This is a compatibility option for sendmail.

     -O      This is a compatibility option for sendmail.

     -o option
             Specifying -oi is synonymous to -i.  All other options are ignored.

     -q arg  Process saved messages in the queue.  The argument is required for compatibility with sendmail, and ignored.

     -r sender
             Same as -f.

     -t      Parse the message to obtain the recipient addresses.

CONFIGURATION
     dma can be configured with three config files:

     ·   auth.conf
     ·   dma.conf
     ·   virtusertable

     These three files are stored per default in /etc/dma.

FILE FORMAT
     Every file contains parameters of the form ‘name value’.  Lines containing boolean values are set to ‘NO’ if the line is commented and to ‘YES’ if the line is
     uncommented.  Empty lines or lines beginning with a ‘#’ are ignored.  Parameter names and their values are case sensitive.

PARAMETERS
   auth.conf
     SMTP authentication can be configured in auth.conf.  Each line has the format “user|smarthost:password”.

   dma.conf
     Most of the behaviour of dma can be configured in dma.conf.

     SMARTHOST (string, default=mail.example.com)
           If you want to send outgoing mails via a smarthost, set this variable to your smarthosts address.

     PORT (numeric, default=25)
           Use this port to deliver remote emails.  Only useful together with the ‘SMARTHOST’ option, because dma will deliver all mails to this port, regardless
           of whether a smarthost is set or not.

     ALIASES (string, default=/etc/aliases)
           Path to the local aliases file.  Just stick with the default.

     SPOOLDIR (string, default=/var/spool/dma)
           Path to dma's spool directory.  Just stick with the default.

     VIRTPATH (string, default=/etc/dma/virtusertable)
           Path to the ‘virtusertable’ file.

     AUTHPATH (string, default=/etc/dma/auth.conf)
           Path to the ‘auth.conf’ file.

     VIRTUAL (boolean, default=commented)
           Comment if you want virtual user support.

     SECURETRANS (boolean, default=commented)
           Comment if you want TLS/SSL secured transfer.

     STARTTLS (boolean, default=commented)
           Comment if you want to use STARTTLS.  Only useful together with ‘SECURETRANS’.

     CERTFILE (string, default=empty)
           Path to your SSL certificate file.

     SECURE (boolean, default=commented)
           Change this entry to ‘INSECURE’ to use plain text SMTP login over an insecure connection.  You have to rename this variable manually to prevent that you
           send your password accidentally over an insecure connection.

     DEFER (boolean, default=commented)
           Comment if you want that dma defers your mail.  You have to flush your mail queue manually with the -q option.  This option is handy if you are behind a
           dialup line.

     DBOUNCEPROG (string, default=commented)
           Comment if you want the default behavior of dma upon double bounces - just abort the delivery.  Otherwise, specify the name or full path to a program
           that will process the bounced bounce message.

           The program will be invoked with several command-line options:

           dbounce -t dma -a bounced@email.address -i queueid -f messagefile

     FULLBOUNCE (boolean, default=commented)
           Uncomment if you want the bounce message to include the complete original message, not just the headers.

     MAILNAME (string, default=empty)
           The name to be used when introducing this host, if different from the result of hostname(1).  If specified, this option overrides ‘MAILNAMEFILE’.

     MAILNAMEFILE (string, default=empty)
           The name of the file to read the ‘MAILNAME’ from.

   virtusertable
     The virtusertable file specifies a virtual user table.  Each line has the format “localuser:mail-address”.  Some smarthosts do not accept mails from unresolv‐
     able email address (e.g. user@localhost) so you have to rewrite your outgoing email address to a valid address.

SEE ALSO
     mailaddr(7), mailwrapper(8), sendmail(8)

     J. B. Postel, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, RFC 821.

     J. Myers, SMTP Service Extension for Authentication, RFC 2554.

     P. Hoffman, SMTP Service Extension for Secure SMTP over TLS, RFC 2487.

HISTORY
     The dma utility first appeared in DragonFly 1.11.

AUTHORS
     dma was written by Matthias Schmidt ⟨matthias@dragonflybsd.org⟩ and
     Simon Schubert ⟨corecode@dragonflybsd.org⟩.

BSD                                                                      September 2, 2008                                                                      BSD