Re: Why did you choose DragonFly?

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:50:30 -0400

On Mon, September 20, 2010 3:33 pm, Samuel J. Greear wrote:
> This mail is intended for the infrequent responders and lurkers on the
> list just as much as the regular posters.
>
> What has drawn you to use the DragonFly BSD operating system and/or
> participate in its development by following this list? Technical
> features, methodologies, something about the community? I suspect the
> HAMMER filesystem to be the popular choice, but what other features
> affect or do you see affecting your day to day life as an
> administrator, developer, or [insert use case here], now or in the
> future?

I've been following DragonFly because it represented an opportunity to
work on the community portion of a BSD system.  The DragonFly Digest lets
me read and document what's going on; I'm surprised that nobody has done
the same with any of the other BSDs, really, in the past... 7 years?
Geez.

There's so much BSD-oriented material happening and it gets drowned out by
the Windows and Linux chatter - not because it's necessarily better, but
just because there's so much of it.

Oh, and the DragonFly community is made of wonderful people, too.  I'm
confident I could take a stumbling tour through Europe and at least a few
people I've never met face to face would buy me a beer.  Or vice versa.