Weird entry in ISO

From: Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp_o2@xxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:04:25 +0200

Hi,

Three questions.

1. I opened DFBSD x64 ISO in latest Red Hat Linux (Scientific Linux 5.5)
under the control of Midnight Commander and saw the following entries
within file lists (in MC panel):

[   -200 00 ] cpio
[   -201 00] mailq
etc

What does it mean?

2. Why there is no Lynx (text web browser with HTTPS) and MC (Midnight
Commander) in basic set of applications on DFBSD x64 ISO CD?

Only OpenBSD decided to attach Lynx but no MC, afaik, NetBSD didn't
applied the tools as well.

I tried to check DFBSD on my PC but it didn't recognize IP sent by DHCP
from my PC router, I had to find dhclient first and run it manually. In
such moments the MC would be like Swiss Army Knife, adding that I am
much attached to it. I run every possible apps or tools from MC. It
saves time.

Similarly, reading documentation from DFBSD website would be possible
having Lynx at hand when there is no other PC around.

3. I tried DFBSD 2.6.3. After I got network from my home network I
tried to download MC using pkg_radd. Alas, I got message that MC is not
compatible with my system, or samething like that - I will check the
issue later when I will try DFBSD x86_64 contained on latest ISO
(2.7.x?). How come?

Regards

--
Przemysław Pawełczyk (P2O2) [pron. Pshemislav Paveltchick]
http://pp.blast.pl, pp_o2@o2.pl