Re: chlamydia inconsistency? part II.

From: Przemysław Pawełczyk <pp_o2@xxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 15:21:46 +0200

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 14:39:32 +0200
Paweł Oniszczuk <blink@bojary.koba.pl> wrote:

> > BTW.1. pkg_radd prints segmentation fault, see the
> > picture: http://pp.blast.pl/www.png/dfbsd/df_01.png
> >
> > I had to compile MC from sources.
> I'm not sure, but master branch in git repository is probably pkgsrc
> -current? DragonFly BSD has pre-bootstrapped pkgsrc 2010Q2 out-of-box
> currently.
> > I was too optimistic. I tried to get MC running using compilation
> > but the procedure also ended up with segmentation fault.
> IMO mixing binary packages with source builds isn't good idea,
> especially with two different version of pkgsrc. Dependency hell is
> easy to archive.
> (.....)

I've just got xorg compilation stopped at "error code 1". Perhaps you
are a prophet or what? ;-)

I think I'll jump at your ideas sooner than later. But as for now I'm
fed up with DFBSD - whenever I turn to I stumble at another
hurdle. :-( What is more ambarrassing to me are bugs which
should not be there - like the faulty partition size allocation
algorithm during installation process and manuals crying for their

I agree with Mr Matt Dillon's "long march with small steps" but let the
steps move ahead all aspects of DragonFly BSD.

Many thanks to you and regards to all,

Przemysław Pawełczyk (P2O2) [pron. Pshemislav Paveltchick]
http://pp.blast.pl, pp_o2@o2.pl