HEADS UP - pkgsrc.git users - Major changes

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 20:49:28 -0700 (PDT)

    Our pkgsrc git mirror from NetBSD stopped syncing again, it's looking
    like the NetBSD git mirror isn't stable enough for us to be able to
    provide a stable git mirror using it.

    So what I am going to do is set up a fromcvs/togit mirror proper,
    retaining all the branches and such.  Hopefully it will be able to
    stay in sync.  We will pull pkgsrc directly out of the NetBSD-CVS cvsup
    and do a running conversion to git ourselves, and serve that.

    Unfortunately this is going to create a massive hicup for everyone
    pulling the pkgsrc.git repo.  When the repo comes back online tonight
    it will be a completely fresh build... commit ids will not match up.

    Because of this we are going to have to give the new pkgsrc git repo
    a new name and stop serving the old one entirely.  The new name will
    be:

	git://git.dragonflybsd.org/pkgsrcv2.git

    The git repos are currently offline and will be back on in a few hours
    once the new stuff gets synced. The old pkgsrc.git repo is going to
    be turned off (since it is basically non-operational).

    It is my hope that we will finally be able to stabilize the pkgsrc
    git repo, because it really is a whole lot easier to keep repos in
    sync with git vs cvs.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>