To: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 07:09:27 +0200

On 10/12/2010 6:49, Pierre Abbat wrote:
On Tuesday 12 October 2010 00:12:57 Sascha Wildner wrote:
OK. Is it a CPU with more than one core?

CPU: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 1.80GHz (1794.19-MHz 686-class CPU) Origin = "GenuineIntel" Id = 0xf27 Stepping = 7

Does that mean that there are four CPUs? Or is it impossible to tell without a
SMP kernel?

No, I looks like an older single core CPU. But it has hyperthreading (HTT feature), so it is definitely worth a try.

Also, does the box have the latest BIOS available from Dell installed?

I'll try that in a few days. Btw, it looks like newhandbook/ConfigureKernel
hasn't been updated for the latest loader change.

Yes, our handbook lingers in a permanent state of unupdatedness. If you see errors, the best thing is to just be bold and fix them yourself. That would be a great help to us, if more people do it.