Re: Hammer filesystem

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 09:07:48 -0700 (PDT)

:The biggest consumer of spaces is pkgsrc work directories I find. We
:should provide a better default mk.conf that uses /usr/obj/pkgsrc and
:symlink's the per-package work directory to that instead of unpacking
:directly in the package directory.
:
:I think the variable is called WKROBJ_DIR in mk.conf or something like
:that. There's another one to enable the symlink functionality that I can't
:remember.
:
:Petr

    It's called WRKOBJDIR.  I always put this in my /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf:

	WRKOBJDIR=	/usr/obj/pkgsrc

    I agree that it should be setup that way on default installs.  I don't
    know why NetBSD defaults to wanting to put the work directories
    right smack in the middle of a pkgsrc source tree.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>