Re: Horrible DF accident. Film at 11.

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:51:47 -0800 (PST)

:REINIT - Attempting to reinitialize the port after it had a horrible
:accident
:
:I had to chuckle over that. I mean, really, if you're going to have a
:message like that, you need to accompany it with sound effects. :)
:
:I'm guessing my mistake was to throw on 2.8.2 instead of a recent dev
:snapshot with the latest AHCI fixes. Does that sound right? I can, of
:course, provide a dmesg, if needed, but I'm not at the machine right now.
:
:Tim

    Yah :-).  A recent master should do a better job with the AMD
    AHCI chipset.