Re: Boot hang with GENERIC_SMP kernel on x86-64

From: Antonio Huete Jiménez <ahuete.devel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 00:30:15 +0100

Hi Neil,

Try to boot up SMP, then panic the system (Ctrl+Alt+Esc). Reboot it from DDB and boot UP. In the prompt use 'dmesg -a' and see if you got the messages from the previous boot.

Cheers,
Antonio Huete

Antonio Huete Jimenez wrote:-

Ah dmesg attached, I didn't see it.

Can you please attach a SMP verbose boot?
I'd be glad to but how can I capture that output?

Incidentally I omitted to mention that i386 SMP was fine on this
machine.

Neil.