Re: How big is fully loaded?

From: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 23:14:07 -0500

On Wednesday 16 February 2011 18:37:13 Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> On Wed, February 16, 2011 11:12 am, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> > If I wanted a system with every package loaded, and enough space for
> > recompiling the kernel every month and upgrading the packages every
> > quarter, how big would it be?
> I assume you mean disk size.  You'd want more disk space for whatever you
> actually do with the machine, other than installation/compilation.  Far
> more of my disk space is taken with music/images than with installed
> package binary files.
> I'd go for 500G - a cheap disk is that size these days, and that's more
> than you'd need for the basics.  You can probably go much smaller, but how
> much smaller is up to how you use it.

I was thinking, if I wanted /home to be encrypted, or shared with Linux on the
same laptop, or both (LUKS is LUKS, right?), how much disk space should I
allocate to everything but /home?

I also saw lvm next to cryptsetup. Does it work the same way as in Linux? I've
been using lvm since at least 2007.

lo ponse be lo mruli po'o cu ga'ezga roda lo ka dinko