Re: Intel Corporation 82578DC Gigabit NIC support

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 01:40:22 -0600

On 03/03/11 22:47, Siju George wrote:
OpenBSD detects it as em0 but dragonfly does not detect it :-(
Is there any thing I need to do like kernel configurations etc?
Or should I wait till the driver is ported?

knowing nothing about the driver itself - a quick check of our manual vs their manual and it does look like the same driver

I'd suggest hacking pcidevs and seeing what happens when you build it..
it might just work

(or not, depending)

basically pciconf -lv will show the device hex stuff,
and you can hack the general pcidevs file,
and the driver stuff that matches it

when that's all in place, the driver should try to attach,
and either work, not work, or cause a panic :D

after that well.. it's a matter of giving up or trying
to see what the differences are

of course if someone else has this hw working, this is all moot.

cheers