Re: noob in need of support

From: "Sascha Wildner" <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:28:41 +0200

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:39:47 +0200, Guerrero Hall <GuerreroHall@live.com> wrote:

Hi, I came across the notion of an ipf kind of at random. So now, upon downloading, I couldn't figure out how to install it at all! Please, give a fella who likes his internet privacy as much as the next guy a hand.

ipfilter, if that's what the discussion is about, was removed from DragonFly not long ago.

However, we do have ipfw(4) and pf(4) for packet filtering. Maybe one of those might fit your needs.

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man/?command=ipfw&section=4
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man/?command=pf&section=4

Regards,
Sascha