Re: UFS in CF for /boot and Hammer for the rest and failover+load balancing

From: Zenny <garbytrash@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 09:15:28 +0200

Thank you Justin for a comprehensive reply. Appreciate it!

I shall check with the vkernel stuffs to limit resources for jails
(seems like a sharp learning curve ;-) )

Since you stated that 4 drives are overkill, does hammer allow
create a pool like in ZFS of two master drives and two slave drives
with remote machine which works exactly as a failover + load
balancing (as in the case of DRBD in Linux or HAST in the coming
FreeBSD-9).

Where exactly can find the detailed document for scripting for a
streaming the HAMMER data to the remote machines?

As I stated earlier, I want:

/boot in CF or SanDisk
/ in HDD and other data
swapcahce in SSD or in HAMMER /

in order to separate data from the operating system. But I could
not find documents for manual installation mode to meet my
requirements. Let me know if there are any. Thanks!