Unable to boot Dragonfly GUI on virtual machine

From: Sanath Kumar <dayanandasaraswati@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 13:00:27 -0800

Hello guys,
   I wanted to experiment with Dragonfly so I downloaded the GUI img file and tried to boot in a VM(VirtualBox & VMWare). I mapped the image as a floppy disk in the VM Guest Machine and tried to boot. It gets stuck in the first screen where dfly asks me to press F1 to boot from Default. I tried pressing F1 and Enter key multiple times but nothing happens. The same problem is there in both VMWare and Virtualbox. However in Qemu I am able to press F1 and the boot happens. Also, when I copy the image to a usb and boot from the usb, things go fine. I thought it was because Virtualbox's window was mapping the F1 key to something so I used vboxmanage command and sent keyboard scan code of F1 to the VM. Still the problem persists. Is there anything wrong that I am doing?

PS: I would love to install DFLY on my laptop, but the X Server won't start because my laptop has a non-standard NVIdia hybrid gfx card. So, I am trying to install it in the VM.

--
SANATH KUMAR
http://www.giveindia.org