Re: my old laptop bios freezes on reboot after dflyBSD installed

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 23:50:56 -0600

On 11/22/11 20:42, Edward M. wrote:
I'm have an issue with my old laptop and DragonFlyBSD.

Does the bios have an option to disable ACPI?

This might be worth a shot.

You might also muck around with IRQ numbers for the
various devices if that is possible.

Also - you might want to make sure there are no
errors when installing the bootsector on the HDD,
or manually install (see the text file on the live cd root)
and 'dd' the drive out before creating filesystems

Cheers,

- Chris