Re: Installation failed at 27%

From: "Sascha Wildner" <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 11:14:40 +0100

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 10:04:01 +0100, Zenny <garbytrash@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi:

1) I am trying to install dfly-2.10-i386 release. I burnt the CD
several times (of course did checksums beforehand). It reaches at 27%
which reads:

/bin/cpdup -o -vvv -u /boot /mnt/boot

and after a long time, it spits out an execution failed error saying
"failed with a return code of 1".

I am using the standard dfbsd installer on 160GB HDD with HAMMER fs.

Can you select "View Log" and look if there is any more info at the bottom of it (scroll down with cursor or page down). Also, there should be an "install.log" in /tmp if that is more convenient.

2) BTW, could anyone explain me how to install /boot on a separate
disk while installing? And also how to encrypt the swap and /
partition with keys and password to the keys?

Hmmmm.. I am lost :-(

The installer can currently not act on more than one disk at once. You'd have to manually install or first do a standard install and then carefully configure the /boot on a separate disk.

Sascha